I’m excited about internet calendar applications, which at it’s heart, is all meetup.com is. So I’ve been dinking around with what can be done to manage..
- todo list items
- email (a mix of information requiring no action and implicit to-do items)
- calendar items (todo items with a start and finish date)
- contacts (a todo item with a person at the other end)
I also use a paper system– this means I’ve got 2 bins for collecting to-do items, a GTD no-no.
And how quickly the distributed to-do item database gets. Here is the topology so far:
- Meetup → Google Calendars
- Google Calendars ↔ Outlook. I’m using Google’s official synch tool.
- Google Email → Outlook. I need to switch to IMAP because right now I use POP and I’m doing double deletion.
- Toodledo → Outlook. I used to use Remember the Milk, but they don’t support Outlook, except as a calendar.
- Toodledo → Google Calendars
- Outlook → T-Mobile SDA Phone, roughly one way synch of contacts, todo and calendar items.
- Google Calendars → Sunbrid on thumb drive (Pending…)
- Google Calendars → iCal on MacBook (Pending…)
Google to Outlook synch doesn’t seem to synch my extra calendars, so I’m going to upgrade to Outlook 2007 and subscribe to iCal URLs instead.
To be continued… trust me, I’ll put it on my to-do list.